Rugby is a recipe for life in my opinion:
- Let the Lions Roar With just over 12 hours to go before the 2013 British and Irish Lions squad is announced, there are probably some nervous players waiting to hear their fortune.
For those living in hope but soon to be disappointed, there will always be the national tours. But they will never compare to being a Lion.
To those selected: ...
- Nice one Blues It was a good result tonight for the Blues against the Dragons, despite the fact that the overall quality and entertainment value of the match was low.
Great too to see Jamie Roberts back in action, the half hour he played will aid the healing process just as much as all the physio has in recent ...
- Warburton is not the only answer When our Sam was sent off in the World Cup match against France it was one of those moments: some said it felt like the air had been sucked from their lung, it was such a big moment.
But it lead to a big challenge as Wales had no replacement Number 7 on the bench to ...
- 3 Grand Slam thoughts
I know, it’s a while since we won the Grand Slam this year, but I have to mention a couple of things:
1. The Team : Wales are now a wonderful team: they are committed, physically intense, supportive, creative, intelligent and it was marvellous to see that all their tries were scored by the backs.
2. The Recovery: If ...
- RWC 2011: 7 out of 8 disappointments At the start of the Competition I wrote about my 8 hopes for the tournament, I ended up being disappointed by just about all of them!
First off: the French team only turned up for the final and even then could proably have made a better fist of it.
Second: there might not have been minnows, but ...
- My my, Haven’t the All Blacks improved! Congratulations to the All Blacks on becoming world champions yesterday. A really well deserved crowning of a great side.
One area they’ve significantly improved in is their pre-match Haka. Check this out for the way it was done in the 70′s
- The Best Individual Try ever! Whilst Rugby might be a team game sometimes it delivers acts of true brilliance. In this clip Shane Williams defeats a defence by running towards them, truly brilliant!
- 8 things I want to see from the Rugby World Cup
The greatest sporting event in the world started yesterday, my opinion of course, and for the next 6 weeks we will see fantastic athletes knocking lumps out of each other in the best possible spirit of sportsmanship and respect.
And as the competition starts, I wonder what would make it great? Here are some of my ...
- 3 Scrum halves and one Number 7.
We all moan about sports manager decisions, but the announcement today that the Wales squad for the upcoming World Cup would not contain Martyn Williams cannot pass without comment. And for once I won’t let my emotional side lead my thinking.
Wales are about to enter the World Cup with only one specialist Number 7, who ...
- 7 changes that spoilt the world of rugby
It was a joy to watch the highlights of the famous Barbarians v New Zealand match last night on the Beeb, how they condensed it into half an hour amazed me. But a number of things struck me during and after the programme about how the world of rugby has changed. Here are some thoughts: